Wednesday, August 27, 2014

"Carpe Diem, Boys. Make Your Life Extraordinary"

Okay  - much has been said about the late Robin Williams recently. I hope the sharing of this clip does not seem opportunistic; however, it is relevant to what is on my heart today. Go ahead - watch the clip. I don't care if you saw the movie fifteen years ago. Watch it - the clip is worth viewing again.



How about that? Life is short - we know this all too well. How many of us wake up and realize our lives are not what we wanted them to be? How many of us are truly blessed and realize it? The power is in our hands. Make your life what you want it to be. Do not stand by and think you don't "deserve" the best. Do not stand by and view ambition as a dirty thing. If you can dream it - chances are you can live it. You just have to identify the path on which you should travel to get it.


There are times in our lives when opportunities are there for our taking - but do what do we do? Are we open to them? Or are we busily walking with our heads down, thinking of what we need to get done for the day? Don't live your life with regrets. Don't live your life wondering "What if?" What if I had said yes to that date? What if I had accepted that rare job offer? What if I had networked more? What if I actually submitted my novel to agents? What if? 


Keep your eyes open. Ears too - listen. We are usually our largest obstacle. Stop doubting your abilities. Stop assuming YOU AREN'T WORTH IT. You are. You have the power to change your life. Make the new habits stick. This is something I struggled with. I would procrastinate like you would not believe. Swamped with chores and tasks and things to do - I put myself last. I delayed attempts at hobbies. I just put my head down with the GOAL to "make it through the day." Guess what? That's not enough for me. I don't want to simply exist.


Life is meant to be lived. Life is meant to be loved. Cherished. Enjoyed. When you embrace Life - pursue it the way you do a lover in the middle of the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment